Booking Terms and Conditions
Once the Operators confirm your booking, a contract is made between you and the Operator under the Terms and Conditions set out below. Your statutory rights as per Australian Consumer Law are not affected by the Terms and Conditions and are at all times superior to these Terms and Conditions. For bookings of more than one guest, participant or passenger, the Lead Guest will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions on behalf of all guests within that booking. The Lead Guest is the guest who makes the booking on behalf of a group of 2 or more guests and is listed as Lead Guest on the booking. From here forward: ‘the Operator’ refers to Matthew Richard Morris, owner, trading as Running Tours Melbourne, Running ; ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to all persons named on the booking, or added at a later date.
Booking and Acceptance
- The Operator accepts the booking on the understanding that a deposit or full payment has been made and held by either the Operator, or by an authorised Travel Agent or Online Travel Agent on behalf of the Operator. Bookings made via runningtours.com.au, runandsee.com.au are considered to be booked with the Operator directly.
- On confirmation of your booking, subject to availability, the Operator will reserve your place on the selected Tours. It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of your booking including tour, dates, times and meeting points. For bookings on multiple guests, this is the Lead Guest responsibility. A contract is only made between you and the Operator upon confirmation of your booking via email titled ‘Booking Confirmation’.
- Upon confirmation of your booking you will receive an email advising such, and details of your Tour and any notes relevant to the conducting of your Tour. An e-ticket will be generated. There is no requirement to print this out.
- In order to reserve your place on a tour the tour must be paid in full via approved methods
- All Tours are non-transferable meaning you cannot give or sell the ticket to another person. Identification may be required.
- All Sales are final and non-refundable unless under Conditions stated in Clause 2.
Conditions of Tour, Cancellations and Changes
- It is your responsibility to arrive on time at the meeting point of the Tour. In the event that you are delayed, please contact us via email or by phone. You may be advised to meet the Tour at an alternative location. If you and your party are the only group on the Tour then your Tour Guide will wait for you, however, the Tour distance may be shortened. Your Tour Guide will attempt to SMS or call you should you not arrive after 5 minutes of the designated start time.
- After 15 minutes, if there is no communication and you have not arrived at the start time, the Tour is deemed to have been cancelled by you. No refunds will be permitted in this instance.
- The Operator is not liable for Tours that return later than the specified time. The Operator will use its best efforts to ensure that departure and return times are met.
- Cancellation of your booking is only permitted for direct booking made via on our websites. For bookings via Travel Agents, Online Travel Agents or Third Parties there is no cancellations permitted.
- Cancellation Fees: Cancellation fee of 100.0% is charged if cancelled 7 day(s) or less before the event. Cancellation fee of 50.0% is charged if cancelled 14 day(s) or less before the event
- Where a deposit has been made on a booking and the booking is cancelled by you, or in the instance that payment is not received by the Operator or authorised Travel Agent by the due date, no refund of the deposit will be applicable. In some instances it may be possible to transfer your deposit to another Tour or Package.
- For Private Group, Personalised and Corporate Group Tours and Packages: specific cancellations fees apply to these tours. The Operator will confirm with you the non-refundable deposit amount prior to booking. Any cancellation fees incurred by us as a result of cancelled accommodation, meals, attractions and other aspects of your private tour will be passed on to you.
- If your booking has been confirmed you may request to change the date of your Tour, subject to availability and if 7 days notice is provided. If the scheduled Tour is less than 7 days, this is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Should you change your Tour to another Tour, no refund will be given for Tours of lesser value. For Tours of greater value you will be invoiced the difference plus any Credit Card fees incurred.
- If a reason for your cancellation is covered under your insurance policy then you may be able to make a claim under that policy.
Fitness to participate and your responsibilities
- The Tours offered involve physical exercise, primarily the act of running. There may be walking involved. By booking a Tour you accept that you are medically fit to participate in such activities. You accept to not hold the Operator liable for any injuries, or death, incurred or caused during the Tour unless such injury is due to carelessness or negligence on the Operator's behalf.
- The Tours are designed to be beginner level and the difficulty listed on each Tour may be considered different for some people. The Operator will not be held liable if you do not agree with these difficulty labels.
- The Tours have been designed for guests aged 18 years and over. Although children are permitted on our Tours they must be accompanied by an adult guest. No discounted children’s pricing applies.
- Guests with disabilities are always welcome on our Tours. Please contact the Operator ahead of your scheduled Tour so that the Operator can tailor your Tour for you. Guests with disabilities who require carers may bring their carers along. Whilst the Operator will do their best to ensure your requests are met, there are some limitations and we cannot guarantee that we will be able to cater to your every need.
- You agree to comply with the local laws of where our Tours are conducted. Failure to comply with the law will result in you being asked to leave the Tour and/or the Tour cancelled.
- You agree that the Operator, their employees or authorised third parties, may photograph or video you throughout the Tour. These may be used on the Operator's website, brochures, flyers, social media and other advertising, publicity, media and publications of the Operator without obtaining additional consent or payment in respect to any photography and videos.
- You agree that the Operator may use any comments, reviews, feedback whether given to us directly or not that may provide in regards to your tour for the purposes of media, publicity and marketing without obtaining additional consent or payment in respect to any comments, written or verbal.
- In the operation of our Tours there are times where the Operator and their employees must make decisions that may otherwise impact the safety, wellbeing and enjoyment of guests and staff on the Tour. You agree to follow all reasonable direction of the Operator. Should you not wish to comply with these directions you will be asked to leave the Tour and no refund will be applicable.
- The Operators, their employees and service providers do not tolerate any form of verbal or physical abuse, harassment or discrimination. Any person threatening or abusing the Operator, their employees, personnel, service providers or other guests on the Tour will be asked to leave the Tour immediately and no refund will be applicable.
- You are responsible for looking after your own belongings that you may take with you on a Tour. The Operator is not liable for belongings that are lost, damaged or stolen whilst on a Tour.
Local Tours and Activities
- Activities purchased via the Operator are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the local operator.
- Although the Operator is a fully insured company, no travel insurance is included as part of any Tour.
- The Operator recommends that you take out travel insurance, or health insurance if you are an Australian resident, in the event of injury. Ambulances in Australia are expensive and should you need one, you will be required to pay for it. For this reason we recommend travel insurance or suitable health insurance or Ambulance membership cover. The Operator is not liable should you not have suitable insurances in place and something happens on your Tour.
Changes by the Operator
- From time to time the Operator may need to alter the tour or alter you booking for reasons including operational, logistical, health and safety and for other reasons. You accept that the tour may be changed or altered without notice.
- Weather Conditions
- In general all tours will run to schedule except:
- In the event of thunderstorms and lightning occurring prior to a tour commencing then the tour may be postponed by up to 30 minutes. After 30 minutes if the thunderstorm and lightning has not passed then the tour will be deemed cancelled and guests will offered a rescheduled tour or a refund. If the tour has commenced then the tour will stop at a cafe until the thunderstorm passes. The tour may be shortened in this instance. No tour will commence or re-commence until 30 minutes after the last sight of lightning.
- In the events of flood a tour will be re-routed or altered.
- In the event of a code red fire day or high temperatures, tours that operate in National Parks will be cancelled, with options to reschedule or refund. City tours will continue to operate.
No Smoking, Drugs or Alcohol Policy
- No participate may smoke, take drugs or drink alcohol while on tour. No participate may start a tour while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Refunds will not be given for breaches of this clause. Some tours may conclude with alcoholic drinks served and these will be served at a licenced venue.
- Disputes should be made to the Owner via email.
- The contracting party is the operator listed below and with the guests named on the booking forms.
- Melbourne tours are operated by Running Tours Melbourne
- Sydney tours are operated by Running Tours Sydney
- Perth tours are operated by Running Tours Perth
- Southern WA tours are operated by Dirty Feet Tours